her children rise up and call her blessed...

"CHARM IS DECEITFUL AND BEAUTY IS PASSING, BUT A WOMAN WHO FEARS THE LORD, SHE SHALL BE PRAISED." Prov. 31:30 .......a blog created by those blessed & proud to be able to call her "mom," in the hopes that she will use it to share her wisdom & life experiences with those who read it... enjoy!!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

another "mom" episode

haaahaaa...this is good for a laugh. After the Niagara conference, Mr. Bob & Mrs. Kienie dropped Mom off at home tonight - the house was dark and the front door was double-locked and mom didn't have keys. "No worries," she tells Mr. S., "I'll just climb in the bathroom window; I've done it before." Kind, gracious Mr. S. insisted on coming around back to help her out, but mom politely insisted he not help, imagining that the view might not be so good since she was wearing a skirt at the time. So, she went out back, slid the window open, climbed up precariously onto the deck railing and worked her way into the bathroom like she had done...oh, maybe 10 years ago when she had found herself in a similar predicament. Problem is that 10 years ago she must have been 10 pounds lighter b/c this time she got STUCK in the bathroom window!!!!

haaaahaaa!!!

kev & I were laughing hysterically b/c she said "I felt like Pooh bear".



(don't worry, she was able to "un-stuck" herself and found a bigger window to climb through...lucky for her the windows were just cleaned last week and I hadn't gotten around to replacing all the screens OR, apparently, locking them up!! :) ) THANK YOU MOM for a great weekend - the conference, the food, the hotel...I loved it all & I LOVE YOU!!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:10 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    I am glad mom is o.k. after all her traumatic experiences! I hope she is cutting a new key for herself so this doesn't happen again (!)

    Miss you all much!
    ...Steve

    P.S. To all trespassers: this method of entry will not be accessible any longer.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Rachel Joy said…

    Carole, I love how you write. I can just see you heeheeing over there on your computer. (whereas I can never picture anybody 'lol'ing all the many times they insert that abbreviation!)

    Mrs. D, I've been waiting with bated breath for the promised report of the 2nd half of the Florida trip!

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Daniel and Joyce said…

    aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

    (hehe)

    this is a tentative giggle as i must take FULL responsibility for this incident. (i feel terrible).

    i, uh....have your spare key still. it's in my purse.

    my apologies are ever so sincere and i do hope for your forgiveness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home